DeepWars Rulebook – softcover
– VERSION 2.5 RULES – The Version 2.5 rules include a more detailed combat system and more combat options, with expanded wound tracking for different body part or subsystems. Also, the activation system for models has been made more flexible, so players can choose a basic free action or can try to gamble on rolling for more complex actions. Finally, the 2.5 rules have an entire section on running tournaments, complete with scoring and timekeeping, as well as new Special Operations that each player gets for a scenario. The Spec-Ops are special missions that a warband can accomplish during a scenario to gain bonus Victory Points. Game cards for miniatures have been upgraded for version 2.5 as well. They are tarot sized (4.75 by 2.75 inch), giving more room to include all of the descriptions of Special Abilities, Weapons, Armor and Tech Items. This means much less referencing the rulebook and faster gameplay for all.
– INTENSE COMBAT in the abyssal depths of the Sea. Breach submarines, uncover undersea temples, and dodge torpedoes while recovering artifacts that hold the secrets of the ethereal void.
– SKIRMISH WITH RPG FLAVOR: Combination of 28mm scale miniature tabletop wargame with campaign advancement and a role-playing flavor. The game can be played in single sessions of an hour, or as a campaign where warbands salvage ancient technology, design their own new tech items, enhance abilities and generally become powerful lords of the deep.
– FOUR COMPETING FORCES: Battle with four unique forces below the waves. The human Fortune Hunters are encased in diving suits and utilize salvaged technology to help them control the seas. The Dark Mariners are corrupted beings that summon ethereal beings from the dimensional void. The Ancients of Atalán are the remnants of an advanced undersea civilization trying to reclaim their former glory. The Scaly Horde is a loosely organized faction of scaly draconids, fish-men and monstrous creatures that intend to expand their control of the sea, while earning gold selling their services to other forces.
– RULES BASED ON AWARD-WINNING SONG OF BLADES AND HEROES by Ganesha Games but with extensive additional rules, weapons, armor, technology items (akin to magic items) and new combat and movement options. Almost all models are capable of swimming or movement through the water column, which gives the game a distinct three-dimensional feel when flight stands and base adapters are used. Rules are included for movement across depth levels, where hasty changes in depth can cause deadly barotrauma. There are also rules for the effects of variable visibility and light levels and for models that can easily navigate through the darkness using echolocation.
– MAGIC AND TECHNOLOGY: Extensive list of ether tech weapons and items and multiple magical spell types, including elemental magic that causes hydrothermal eruptions, dimensional magic that allows unsavory spellcasters to call forth beings from the ethereal void, psychic magic to enslave the minds of victims and protection magic to negate the effects of the most vile spells.